In 2013, the Inclusive Rowing Project in its first year was targeted to achieve 2000 people sessions, and with 420 male and 250 female participants, 2929 sessions were achieved, an average of 4.3. per person. The project has worked with 41 different organisations and catered for the full range of disabilities.
The Project held a sponsored indoor row on Thursday 14th Novermber, supported by Oundle School who hosted the event. The rowing was for 12 hours, covering a total of 152km, equal to four and a half times the English Channel. The amount raised was over £1700
- 2002 OTRC first started working with Spring Common Special Needs School
- 2009 OTRC set up an adaptive outreach programme in 10 Disabled Youth Clubs in partnership Northamptonshire County Council
- 2010 OTRC in partnership with NCC founded the Northamptonshire Disability Rowing Association NDRA to introduce disabled people of all ages from twelve upwards to an exciting new and healthier life style through Indoor and On the Water rowing.
- 2010 With the aid of a grant from The Rowing Foundation we purchased our first adaptive/recreational single scull.
- 2010 Obtain a capital grant from NCC Aiming High for Disabled Children Fund to purchase 2 adaptive/recreational quads and funding to build a permanent concrete access to the jetty from the boathouse suitable for wheelchairs.
- 2010 NDRA/OTRC obtained an Explore Rowing Grant to purchase 3 adaptive/recreational single sculls, adaptive oars and a lightweight boat trailer to support the adaptive outreach programme.
- 2011 Obtained a capital grant from NCC Aiming High for Disabled Children Fund to purchase 4 Concept 2 rowing machines and a box trailer to support the adaptive indoor outreach programme.
- 2011 Obtained the support of a Henley Steward Scholarship Coach for the clubs Inclusive Outreach Programme.
- 2012 Claire Connon - Women Trunk and Arms (WTA) took part in National Champs and was selected to row for England in the Home International Regatta.
- 2013 OTRC received Sport England Inclusive Sports Award to fund an inclusive outreach programme in Northamptonshire and surrounding counties. This enabled us to have a funded full time NDRA Inclusive Development Officer and funded qualified BR coaches to support the club’s outreach programme until Dec 2015